Next Stage Facilitation™ develops leaders and facilitators capable of working in fluid and creative ways with a wide range of complex group dynamics.
This live 3-day training is for individuals who want to become more authentic, spontaneous, and responsive facilitative leaders in service of the cultures and organizations they care about.
FULL TUITION: $1,650 USD plus HST
Group Discounts: 5% off for groups (same company, organization or family) of 2 or more, use HXNSGroup coupon at checkout and add names in the memo field.
Oceanstone Seaside Resort offers registered participants a fabulous and affordable package for meals and accommodations.
Our learning objectives:
At the end of our three days together, you will have explored:
Facilitator Role and Neutrality
- What is facilitation? What is neutrality?
- What is the role of an unbiased mind and what supports the ability to flex-flow?
Self as Instrument
- Where inner meets outer.
- Intention and attention.
- Presence, awareness, effectiveness and impact.
The Integral Map
- Elements of the Integral map.
The Three Orienting Perspectives
- Perspective taking as a marker of development.
- Experience the three primary perspectives.
- Three communication skills.
Evolution, energy and the desire to grow
- Human development and evolution.
- The role of desire.
- Resistance to change: obstacles and competing commitments.
Sameness and Difference
- Build energetic coherence and create sustainable culture.
- Using the energy of diversity for creativity.
Integrated Presence and Creative Influence
- Working with fear and play.
- Application and lived context.
Next Stage Facilitation attracts leaders and managers, intra- and entrepreneurs, facilitators, consultants, coaches, psychologists and therapists, social innovators, and educators.
People who join Next Stage:
- Are already in a position of facilitating others, even if it is not formal.
- Actively participate in their own lifelong learning
- Are willing to venture into the unknown in order to grow
- Meet people where they are and invite greater vision and growth
- Value mindfulness practice and meditation as a pathway for becoming more awake.
Why Next Stage?
Leaders, consultants and facilitators who create thriving cultures and fulfilling collaborations are:
- Clear about their own purpose and intention
- Highly adaptive and fluid
- Nuanced in their perceptual and relational skills
- Willing to take risks and respond creatively in the moment
- Practiced in maintaining stable, grounded presence
To develop individuals with these capabilities, we work with an emergent curriculum that integrates four domains of knowledge and practice:
- Awareness practice—Zen
- Adult developmental psychology
- Facilitator skills & techniques
- Integral theory
As a Next Stage participant, you will practice:
- How to listen and respond spontaneously
- Working in an integral way with groups
- Relating to challenging emotions
- Integrating multiple perspectives as they arise
- Generating trust and safety in the room
- Meeting expectations in a fluid way
- Creative risk taking
- Working with fear and shadow
- Maintaining stable open awareness
- Perceiving and responding to subtle dimensions of group process
- Facilitating from a place of not knowing
- Increasing your skills in each of the four domains of facilitation
Frequently Asked Questions
This program is designed for people with experience leading or facilitating groups. It is not a foundational skills program and therefore is not suitable for those looking for an introduction to facilitation methods.
Absolutely, practice is a core emphasis of all Integral Facilitator® programs. The three days are full of small group practice that offers you an opportunity to work with your own personal intention and developmental edge. This experience is complemented with live demonstrations and unique“pointing out” instructions that make the subtle dynamics and choices available to a more masterful facilitator visible to everyone. Just like a sports team reviewing the last play on the sidelines, you will have the opportunity to freeze frame and zoom in and out on the play-by-play of group interactions. You will also be engaged in small group facilitator practice as well as whole group facilitation demonstrations.
As a Next Stage Facilitation Intensive participant, you will learn:
- How to maintain presence in the face of challenging situations.
- How to work effectively with group energetics.
- Methods for effectively building connection and working with tension to deepen coherence and intimacy.
- How to engage tension, power dynamics, and conflict in a group.
- How you are experienced by others.
- How to bring an Integral approach to your work with others.
Meditative practice is incorporated into Integral Facilitator trainings in a variety of ways which include: optional daily sitting practice, “pop drops” where the group is invited to engage in a short meditative practice, meditative awareness exercises and Integral Facilitation Practices—customized daily personal practices that may also include meditation or practices that support meditative awareness.
Yes, although each profession has different standards. We can work with you to provide the agenda and CEU hours. Depending on your registrar or professional organization’s requirements, you may have to repackage the information about our training. We cannot guarantee that it will be accepted, but we will gladly provide you with the required information about the program that will support your application.
What to Expect
Each 3-day Intensive Includes:
- Instruction and feedback from experienced master facilitators
- Applied practice experience
- Individualized developmental learning pathways
- In-the-moment facilitation teaching that “lifts the veil” on what facilitators are seeing, sensing and responding to in the group
- Support and challenge exercises to clarify intention and purpose
- Instruction on bringing an Integral approach to facilitation
- Integrated curriculum and practice from four distinct areas: Developmental Theory, Facilitation Techniques, Integral Theory, and Zen Awareness