Next Stage Facilitation
Next Stage Facilitation™ develops leaders and facilitators capable of working in fluid and creative ways with a wide range of complex group dynamics.
This live 3-day training is for individuals who want to become more authentic, spontaneous, and responsive facilitative leaders in service of the cultures and organizations they care about.
Group Tuition Discounts are available for groups of two or more people from the same organization. A discount code MUST be obtained prior to registration.
Salt Lake City, Utah USA
Date: March 15-17, 2018
Meeting Venue: Wasatch Conference Center, Downtown Salt Lake
Tuition: $1,650 USD
Note: participants are responsible for their own meals and accommodations. There are a number of rooms available onsite.
Next Stage Facilitation attracts leaders and managers, intra- and entrepreneurs, facilitators, consultants, coaches, psychologists and therapists, social innovators, and educators.
People who join Next Stage:
- Are already in a position of facilitating others, even if it is not formal.
- Actively participate in their own lifelong learning
- Are willing to venture into the unknown in order to grow
- Meet people where they are and invite greater vision and growth
- Value mindfulness practice and meditation as a pathway for becoming more awake.
Why Next Stage?
Leaders, consultants and facilitators who create thriving cultures and fulfilling collaborations are:
- Clear about their own purpose and intention
- Highly adaptive and fluid
- Nuanced in their perceptual and relational skills
- Willing to take risks and respond creatively in the moment
- Practiced in maintaining stable, grounded presence
To develop individuals with these capabilities, we work with an emergent curriculum that integrates four domains of knowledge and practice:
- Awareness practice—Zen
- Adult developmental psychology
- Facilitator skills & techniques
- Integral theory
As a Next Stage participant, you will practice:
- How to listen and respond spontaneously
- Working in an integral way with groups
- Relating to challenging emotions
- Integrating multiple perspectives as they arise
- Generating trust and safety in the room
- Meeting expectations in a fluid way
- Creative risk taking
- Working with fear and shadow
- Maintaining stable open awareness
- Perceiving and responding to subtle dimensions of group process
- Facilitating from a place of not knowing
- Increasing your skills in each of the four domains of facilitation
At the end of our three days together, you will have explored:
Facilitator Role and Neutrality
- What is facilitation? What is neutrality?
- What is the role of an unbiased mind and what supports the ability to flex-flow?
Self as Instrument
- Where inner meets outer.
- Intention and attention.
- Presence, awareness, effectiveness and impact.
The Integral Map
- Elements of the Integral map.
The Three Orienting Perspectives
- Perspective taking as a marker of development.
- Experience the three primary perspectives.
- Three communication skills.
Evolution, energy and the desire to grow
- Human development and evolution.
- The role of desire.
- Resistance to change: obstacles and competing commitments.
Sameness and Difference
- Build energetic coherence and create sustainable culture.
- Using the energy of diversity for creativity.
Integrated Presence and Creative Influence
- Working with fear and play.
- Application and lived context.
Jodi WoollamIntegral Coach, Corporate Communications in Public Service
There is a synergy among the teachers – a really nice sense of working together and trust. I appreciate the work that you are doing and your commitment to bring it into the world. I really think that there is a place and need for this development. Good luck and Thank you.
Mike GibsonAssistant Director, Center for Agile Technology, University of Texas
The quality of the instructors and the caliber of the students participating in the course created an eye-opening learning experience. What is being developed here is transformative — certainly for individuals, but more importantly this perspective can transform organizations and the world for the better.
“I’d say that the best part of this work is getting the opportunity to experience over and over again what it means to facilitate at our developmental edge. Seeing that modeled and participating in the unfolding of something greater is awesome.”
Teodora F.BioEnergetic Healer
Exceeded my expectations — So deep.
Marissa MooreSenior Finance Executive, South Africa
“The workshop has shifted my perception of issues such as power, and allowed me to understand where my choices lie. I feel confident to run with those issues now as opposed to fighting against them and using up all my energy. Diane has been an inspiration for me in the way that she facilitates the collective space through difficult discussions, and at the same time teaches the meta process so that I can learn it and apply it to specific situations in my life. That is done with wonderful mastery.”
Bill BireleyConsultant, Trainer
“These are exactly the skills that I want to take out in the world. Diane is enormously adept at unpacking a particular issue.Through her teaching, Diane gives us deep personal experiences so that we can integrate these capabilities into our own personal and professional arenas.”
Michelle ElizabethFeminine Evolution Consultant
“Take facilitation to a whole other level. The Next Stage Facilitation three day intensive shakes you out of conventional and stifled facilitation modes and expands your view to multi-perspectival, grows your competencies toward integral–exploring what it means to work with individuals, the collective and the topic at hand in a balanced, elegant and effective way, and, it strengthens your intuitive faculties to sense and trust the energetic field of the room and respond. Just like individuals and culture, facilitation must evolve. It only requires your participation. Go for it!”
Luis MorejonVP HR
This program will help you to identify or rediscover your voice as a facilitator.
Tremeur BalbousIntegral Coach, Agile Trainer
“This has been my best experience ever in a 3 day training. Diane is an amazing facilitator! I’m currently figuring out how to get myself in the 1 year program as the 3 days were so exciting and promising in terms of my personal growth.”
Frequently Asked Questions
This program is designed for people with experience leading or facilitating groups. It is not a foundational skills program and therefore is not suitable for those looking for an introduction to facilitation methods.
Absolutely, practice is a core emphasis of all Integral Facilitator® programs. The three days are full of small group practice that offers you an opportunity to work with your own personal intention and developmental edge. This experience is complemented with live demonstrations and unique“pointing out” instructions that make the subtle dynamics and choices available to a more masterful facilitator visible to everyone. Just like a sports team reviewing the last play on the sidelines, you will have the opportunity to freeze frame and zoom in and out on the play-by-play of group interactions. You will also be engaged in small group facilitator practice as well as whole group facilitation demonstrations.
As a Next Stage Facilitation Intensive participant, you will learn:
- How to maintain presence in the face of challenging situations.
- How to work effectively with group energetics.
- Methods for effectively building connection and working with tension to deepen coherence and intimacy.
- How to engage tension, power dynamics, and conflict in a group.
- How you are experienced by others.
- How to bring an Integral approach to your work with others.
Meditative practice is incorporated into Integral Facilitator trainings in a variety of ways which include: optional daily sitting practice, “pop drops” where the group is invited to engage in a short meditative practice, meditative awareness exercises and Integral Facilitation Practices—customized daily personal practices that may also include meditation or practices that support meditative awareness.
Yes, although each profession has different standards. We can work with you to provide the agenda and CEU hours. Depending on your registrar or professional organization’s requirements, you may have to repackage the information about our training. We cannot guarantee that it will be accepted, but we will gladly provide you with the required information about the program that will support your application.
What to Expect
Each 3-day Intensive Includes:
- Instruction and feedback from experienced master facilitators
- Applied practice experience
- Individualized developmental learning pathways
- In-the-moment facilitation teaching that “lifts the veil” on what facilitators are seeing, sensing and responding to in the group
- Support and challenge exercises to clarify intention and purpose
- Instruction on bringing an Integral approach to facilitation
- Integrated curriculum and practice from four distinct areas: Developmental Theory, Facilitation Techniques, Integral Theory, and Zen Awareness