Next Stage CollaborationTM develops capacity for more thriving and creative intra- and inter-professional collaboration.
Many Parts. One Heart. The vision for a unified Naturopathic Profession boldly invites us to work together as an integrated whole while continuing to reflect the diversity of our parts.
What are we trying to create here?
A culture of collaboration – a way of working with and being together that empowers the participation of all contributors in a more equitable way, creates a deeper understanding and appreciation of differences, and cultivates trusting and thriving relationships that can withstand the tensions of change.
This three day leadership program teaches the essential integrative skills, frameworks and perspectives that ND leaders will rely on to shape a culture of collaboration.
This is meaningful work for these times for more thriving relationships, organizations and projects. And, these skills are both strategic and change friendly.
These skills will support healthy professional relationships and healthier organizations and clinics.
And these skills will help facilitate new forms of cooperation such as inter-institutional initiatives, interdisciplinary care, collaborative practice, networks, and strategic alliances.
Our learning objectives:
At the end of our four days together, you will have explored:
A More Inclusive Whole
Ways to see, be, and do that bring energy and include more
- See the four integral domains of any collaboration
- Use polarities to unstick either/or mindsets
- Manage the container of your community
Skills for Communication, Trust, and Impact
Ensure your impact is what you intend it to be!
- Honing your listening skills
- Speaking from your own experience
- Guiding others in their communication
Leverage points for belonging and joy
- Increasing rapport and trust
- Leading norms and values
- Having courage and vulnerability
Technical skills for smooth, productive, satisfying meetings
- knowing what phase of the meeting you’re in
- moving a group along with energy and clarity
- resolving simple issues
- managing time and scope
Next Stage Collaboration attracts a variety of leaders and physicians, managers, intra- and entrepreneurs, facilitators, consultants, coaches, psychologists and therapists, social innovators, and educators.
What do these facilitative leaders have in common?
- Are already collaborating, and in a position of facilitating others, even if it is not a formal role.
- Actively participate in their own lifelong learning.
- Are willing to venture into the unknown in order to grow.
- Seek out diversity and new experiences as a way to experience more of reality.
- Meet people where they are, and invite greater participation and growth.
This is also a pre-requisite for Ten Directions’ advanced facilitative leadership certificate programs.
What to Expect?
Next Stage Collaboration is an experiential professional development program. Our lauded methodology provides 3 days of:
- Instruction and personal skills coaching from experienced master facilitators
- Applied practical experience
- Peer feedback
- In-the-moment teaching that “lifts the veil” on what facilitators/faculty are seeing, sensing and responding to in the group
- Instruction and tools to bring a more integrative approach to collaboration & team work
As a Next Stage participant, you will practice:
- How to listen and respond spontaneously
- Working in an integral way with groups
- Relating to challenging emotions
- Integrating multiple perspectives as they arise
- Generating trust and safety in the group
- Maintaining stable open awareness
- Increasing your skills in each of the domains of collaboration
- Amplifying the elements of a constructive culture
November 15, 2019
Program Registration Opens
January 15, 2019
What’s My Growing Edge?
Free Webinar exploring life, leadership, and a culture of collaboration.
February 20, 2020
Early Bird Tuition Ends
Register before this date for the lowest tuition rate
March 22, 2020
May 21-23, 2020
Next Stage Collaboration Program at Whidbey Institute
Early Bird Tuition: $1,250 USD until February 20, 2020
Plus room & board.
The Whidbey Institute has designed a special, all-inclusive rate comprised of private or shared accommodations, plus delicious conscious meals and nutrition breaks. We will send you the link to book with our special code after your registration is complete.
Thursday, May 20 7:00-8:00pm – welcome reception
Friday May 21 to Sunday May 23 9:00am-5:30pm
Ten Directions is very proud to be a partner of The Whidbey Institute, a home for transformational learning and a 501(c)(3) nonprofit.
“Our mission is to nurture the conditions for transformational learning, and our purpose is to grow the human capacity to respond generatively to the challenges of our time in service to a future in which people and planet thrive together. We partner with a network of program leaders working in the areas of generative leadership, ecosystem vitality, and community resilience. Our 106-acre conservation forest campus on South Whidbey Island is open to the public and features integrated gardens and a four-mile trail network.”